ZEN 2.0.21 replaces the current version, ZEN 2.0.20, which is set to deprecate (no longer run). The focus of this version is general maintenance and includes the fixes and features listed below.
Please update your ZEN software before the 2nd of June.
The new 2.0.21 version is available now on our GitHub or through the APT repository.
ZEN 2.0.21 Updates
- Fixes for the upstream CVE-2020-8806
- Changes how nodes enforce timestamp requirements on block headers. Miners and pools should ensure that the blocks they generate conform to the new timestamp requirements.
- Removes of time adjustment
- Node operators should ensure that local time is set accurately. If it appears that the node has a significantly different time than its peers, a warning will be logged and indicated on the metrics screen (if enabled).
- Introduces a new optional parameter to zen-cli z_sendmany
- The deprecation/release cycle has been changed to 26 weeks/biannually
- Introducing a new lock to fix a deadlock issue incorporated with an upstream fix for CVE-2019-17048
What happens if you do not upgrade before the 2nd of June?
- Exchanges and Partners: you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest version.
- Pool operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to mine ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.21.
- Node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be eligible to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.21.
- Full node wallet users (Swing wallet, Sphere by Horizen): you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest wallet version.
The post Mandatory Software Upgrade: Download ZEN 2.0.21 NOW appeared first on Horizen.