Dear Horizen Community,
The world faces a new threat that has shocked financial markets due to the breadth of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). While the situation is uncertain and changing rapidly, we are working to assure the well being of Horizen’s team members, the project, community and you, our community members.
At Horizen, our commitment to all stakeholders, each and every day, is to deliver ongoing reliability and availability, regardless of the situation. The Horizen team remains ready and committed to the development of this project and to assist you with your needs as we navigate these challenging times and beyond. We’re taking current events extremely seriously and implementing immediate measures to ensure the on-going development of the project and health for our team and community. Including:
- Cancelling or postponing all in-person events through the end of April. We will be focusing on engaging with our partners and communities digitally.
- All employees work remotely from home for the remainder of March. Our engineers and support teams have the resources required to ensure that the project development will not be compromised.
- New hiring freezes through March.
- Re-evaluating the 2020 budget plan, rolling out cost controls, and expanding new revenue opportunities that we have already been building.
- Increasing Horizen content and conversation around helping our users, addressing user questions and requests, resources and information about our products and services – especially the ones that can help people earn ZEN easily at home. Please connect with us on Telegram to join the conversation
The Horizen Team has been forged through adversity. We know how to handle crises and thrive even during the toughest times. What’s changed this time versus prior tough markets is that we’re acting immediately and decisively.
Horizen is an antifragile organization made up by one of the most elite teams in the industry – we push harder when times get tough. Here are the things you can expect from us:
- Horizen Sidechain Beta delivery is still on schedule. Our unique sidechain solutions will be released in the coming weeks and help solve some of the most challenging issues in blockchain.
- An even more devoted focus on our core technology deliverables such as our flagship app Sphere by Horizen and ZEN core software upgrades
- Community growth and engagement will continue to accelerate. Our community will benefit even more from an upgraded version of Faucet, as we will be rolling out more new features and options for extra rewards!
- A shift in focusing on committing some of our best in-house resources for the next level product quality.
On a closing note, being part of our community comes with responsibility. Support each other and together we are unstoppable. I encourage everyone in our community to help us get through the turbulent times, and we will come out the other side an even better project! Every little action counts. We expect to look back at what we do now as the project’s “finest hour”, as our team, community, and partners rally together.
Stay ZEN and stay strong!
Co-founder & Team Lead
The post Horizen Response to COVID-19 – Message from Co-founder Rob Viglione appeared first on Horizen.